Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spree Day blog

Aw Jesus. It's 7 AM, I haven't slept yet, and I actually got the idea to blog Spree Day. I feel depressed at my own gay/dorky/unoriginal ideas. 

For those that don't live in the Fitchburg area, Spree Day is the last day of classes at the college and the biggest drinking day of the year. This is my fifth Spree and my first with a good apartment. 

Basically our (my roommates and I) contribution to today's festivities will be to physically open the doors and let people come over. They can drink themselves stupid if they really want to, most people won't stay for more than an hour. Night times is what we should watch out for. All the drunks who paced themselves and didn't pass out at 7 are going to meet together. We just gotta make sure it's not at our place. The paddy wagon will be itching to bust someone today.

  It's way too much of a risk to get kegs and sell cups. My original idea, which was buy about 300 cans of Milwaukee's best and sell 6-packs for five bucks, now seems likes like way too much work. Forget trying to make a fire and sell dogs and burgers. I still think "cook your own dogs" has a cool, mood-setting intangible that's so important at large parties.

I'm curious as to how the cops are gonna enter our house. The back yard stairs that lead out to Damon Street will be blocked off, but not very effectively. We'll probably put some sort of makeshift sign up that says to come around to the front driveway. The effectiveness of this "blockade" is both good and bad. A weak blockade is easy to by-pass, however, if the cops crash in through the front door, the "blockade" can be pushed aside for a speedy, mass evacuation of drunk people. 


No comments: